Sunday 18 January 2009

Sunday Morning



Well its Sunday morning again and I am thinking back to how much work I have done this week. The main focus has been on some textured acrylic on canvas. These are part of work for the joint Valentines exhibition which starts on the 30th Jan and lasts untill 14th Feb. There is going to be a preview evening on the 30th from 5pm-7pm.




The exhibition is going to be entitled " The Art of Love " and although I will be exhibiting some acryclis the main work will be my photographic images. The really hard part of selecting work for the exhibition is deciding on work that will appeal to women to buy for their man. I think it is generally much easier to buy gifts for women.




Ellie has been press ganged into designing the posters and flyers to promote the exhibition so the comming weeks will see us trying to get these posters into as many places as possible as well as targeting local media.




Wednesday saw me at a meeting to help organise the towns main event which will be a Medeaval Festival taking place in the summer with lots of local groups taking place. This will include Fenvac which is Fenland Visual Art Collective. I chair this wonderful art organisation and on Friday we had a committee meeting at my home to discuss plans for events over the comming months. Next saturday we are having an "art" day at Chatteris Museum where members can go and paint, draw photograph etc. Jenny who is also on the committee of Fenvac is one of the main people responsible for the museum so she will get out pieces from storage as well which will be great.




I have put a couple of images which I hope you like The one on the left was taken in New York and is the type of more reportage work I like to do. This is a homeless lady who spends her time around the financial district where all the big banks are located.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I like the bag lady. And Ellie sounds very nice and generous!

~Your dedicated follower. =)