Monday 29 June 2009

Busy Time



Its been a busy few weeks with the finishing of my joint exhibition with Marian and then this last weekend Fenvac has put on an exhibition of its members work. This was part of the towns Medieval Festival. Five of us put on workshops with Marian and Kath doing one on Art Journaling and mine being on Portrait Photography. With this over I have to get busy on my next exhibition with Marian entitled "Journeys" and overlapping that we are putting an exhibition of art based on music and dance as part of a nearby towns festival. Also managed to visit a reclamation yard to take some photos, a few of which I have posted here.
I love to see "found shapes" and photograph them and reclamation yards although at first glance look like things have just been dumped it is when you look closely you can see a sort of oder and lovely shapes and textures as well as interesting signs. Hope you enjoy the images

3 comments:

artfulzebra said...

Great pics, it was a treasure trove of textures and patterns. look forward to seeing more. ;o) And what a busy time we're having! All good fun! ;o)

pakc said...

love the last one...the tone and pattern really intrigues me

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

This is the sort of photography that I like to do when in a photographing mood. I too am always drawn to shape and texture.