Wednesday 4 February 2009

New exhibitions


With the current exhibiion going so well myself and Marian are planning both joint and solo exhibitions for the next year. Booking venues that are suitable is always difficult and although many will be based locally we are also looking further afield.
I like the idea of strict deadlines as it focuses me in a way that gets lots done in a short time. Some people ask if that makes the work less artistic but to me it doesnt, I dont think the amount of time spent on a piece necessarily makes it better. Art in all its forms is the artist conveying their emotions in their chosen media. Some work can take minuites others can take years. I dont think you can value any art on time taken.
I hope to have a good proportion of new work for each exhibition and some will be all new work on a set theme. In the meantime here is some of my images to break up all the words. I hope you enjoy the blog and find inspiration in everything you see and do.



1 comment:

Happy Harris said...

Hi Rob...I so agree with you - deadlines are so much better - it keeps you focused, as given too much time, just makes you faffle more with a piece, whereas sometimes just left is better - Less is more! as the old saying goes! he he he!

Keep up the good work hun xx